Sefmat is committed to protecting your privacy. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your personal data and we will be happy to help you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this policy
- The data protection principles we follow
- What are your rights regarding your personal data
- What personal data do we collect about you?
- How we use your personal data
- Who else has access to your personal data
- How we secure your data
- Cookie Information
- Contact information
Personal data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations that are carried out on personal data or on sets of personal data. Data
subject – a natural person whose personal data is processed.
Child – a natural person under the age of 16.
We / us (in capital letters or not) – Sefmat
Principles of data protection
We are committed to the following data protection principles:
- The treatment is legal, fair and transparent. Our processing activities have a legal basis. We always consider your rights before processing personal data. We will provide you with information on data processing upon request.
- The processing is limited to the purpose. Our processing activities correspond to the purpose for which the personal data was collected.
- The processing is carried out with a minimum of data. We collect and process only the minimum amount of personal data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited in time. We will not keep your personal data longer than necessary.
- We will do our best to guarantee the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our best to guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of the data.
Rights of the data subject
The person concerned has the following rights:
- Right to information – which means that you have the right to know whether your personal data is processed; what data is collected, where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right of access – which means that you have the right to access the data collected from or about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of the personal data about you that has been collected.
- Right of rectification – which means that you have the right to request the rectification or deletion of your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right of deletion – which means that, under certain circumstances, you may request that your personal data be deleted from our files.
- Right to limit processing – which means that, where certain conditions apply, you have the right to limit the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to processing – which means that in certain cases you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automatic processing – which means that you have the right to object to automatic processing, including profiling, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automatic processing. This right can be exercised whenever a result of profiling produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your personal data in a machine-readable format or, if possible, in the form of a direct transfer from one processor to another.
- Right to complain – if we deny your request for access rights, we will give you the reasons for doing so. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us.
- Right to assistance from the supervisory authority – this means that you have the right to assistance from a supervisory authority and the right to other legal remedies such as a claim for damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any consent given for the processing of your personal data.
The data we collect
Information you have provided us with
This may include your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address, etc. – primarily information necessary to deliver a product/service to you or to improve your customer experience with us. We store the information you provide so that you can make comments or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, information relating to your shopping cart, IP address, purchase history (if any), etc., is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. This information is used to improve your customer experience. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or view the content of our website, your activities may be recorded.
Information from our partners
We collect information from our trusted partners by confirming that they have legal grounds to provide it to us. This is either information that you have provided to them directly or information that they have collected about you for other legal reasons. See the list of our partners here.
Information available to the public
We may collect information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data in order to :
- provide you with our service. This includes, for example, registering your account, providing other products and services you have requested, providing promotional items at your request and communicating with you in connection with such products and services, communicating and interacting with you and notifying you of changes to any services.
- improve your customer experience ;
- fulfil a legal or contractual obligation ;
- notifying you as soon as an offer may match your request.
We use your personal data for legitimate reasons and/or with your consent.
In connection with the conclusion of a contract or the performance of contractual obligations, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you with a service or to send you/offer you a product ;
- to communicate either for sales or billing purposes.
On the basis of a legitimate interest, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalised offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners) ;
- to administer and analyse our clientele (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety and availability of the products/services offered/provided ;
- to conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
Until you have informed us to the contrary, we consider that it is in our legitimate interest to offer you products/services that are similar or identical to your purchase history/navigation behaviour.
With your consent, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners) ;
- for other purposes for which we have requested your consent.
We process your personal data in order to fulfil the obligations arising from the law and/or to use your personal data for the options provided by law. We reserve the right to make the personal data collected anonymous and to use this data. We will only use data outside the scope of this policy if it is made anonymous. We retain your billing information and other information collected about you for as long as necessary for accounting purposes or to meet other legal obligations, but no longer than the “lifetime” of personal data as defined by the CNIL (French Data Protection Authority).
We may process your personal data for additional purposes not mentioned here, but which are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was collected. In doing so, we will ensure that :
- the link between the purposes, the context and the nature of the personal data is appropriate for further processing ;
- further processing would not adversely affect your interests, and
- there would be an appropriate guarantee for the treatment.
We will inform you of any further treatment and its purpose.
Who else can access your personal data
We do not share your personal data with strangers. In some cases, your personal data is shared with our trusted partners in order to enable the provision of the service or to improve your experience as a customer.
We only work with processing partners who are able to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal data. We disclose your personal data to third parties or officials where we are legally obliged to do so. We may disclose your personal data to third parties if you have consented to this or if there are other legal grounds.
How we secure your data
We do our best to ensure the security of your personal data. We use secure protocols for communication and data transfer (such as HTTPS). We use anonymity and pseudonymity where appropriate. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Although we do our best, we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we undertake to inform the relevant authorities in the event of a data breach. We will also inform you if your rights or interests are threatened. We will do everything reasonably possible to prevent security breaches and to assist the authorities in the event of a breach.
If you have an account with us, please note that you must keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make the sites work. Only we have access to the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. By choosing to disable cookies, you may prevent the use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are necessary so that you can use certain important functions of our website, such as logging in. These cookies do not collect any personal information.
- Functionality Cookies – these cookies provide features that make the use of our service more convenient and enable us to provide more personalised functionality. For example, they can remember your name and email address in comment forms so that you do not have to re-enter this information the next time you make a comment.
- Analytical Cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to serve advertisements that are relevant to you and match your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the permission of the website operator. These cookies store the fact that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often, targeting or advertising cookies are linked to the site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can delete the cookies stored on your computer via your browser settings. You can also control certain third party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information on cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.